Sunday, September 30, 2007

Getting started


The first thing you must do, once you buy your frame, is photograph it. This is best done in a cool environment and/or around cool objects. Hanging it around your neck is okay. Including animals works well. Here I photographed the older Masi frame with Grace (Grizzle to her friends). A nice colorful Parrot on the top tube is a nice touch. Showing small kicking dogs....not so much.





I ended up going with the older Masi frame as a backdrop. This was done for fun, to motivate me to get done with this so I can build up the older frame, and to compare geometry between the two 56cm bikes - very different indeed. Also, Grizzle is impatient!
Also, while it is apart, you can wax the different components, fork and frame. I used one coat of cleaner wax and two coats of carnuba on the frameset and and one coat of carnuba on the carbon parts of the components. Does this help? Absolutely. Studies have showna 3-5 mph difference. Actually, I had just never waxed a bike before and this seemed like th right time. I do have to say that after the first 22 mile test ride, the thrown chain oil sure wiped off easily.

No comments: