Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The few parts I made



A project like this doesn't really have any parts that require fabrication. I did turn the stem cap from 6061 aluminum. I also turned a stainless hex bolt down to fit flush with the cap.


The stem spacer is PVC. I could paint them black but then they'd look like any other store bought piece. I did polish the spacer but that was about it. This is the only chance to be creative on this thing so I'm leaving them raw....... for now. I chose this spacer height because anything shorter would have meant cutting the fork tube. I'm fine with that but I wanted to ride it first to see if I liked the bars up a bit higher. You can cut later - you can't add it back later. According to my measurements from the previous bike, this puts the bars about 3/4" higher than on my previous bike - the only variance allowed.

No comments: